All Sales Objections fall into one of four camps.
And because they stopped the flow of a wonderful running sales conversation – I’ve named those four problems DAMS.
The first one – the D in DAMS – stands for Drawbacks.
Drawbacks are things that you can’t do.
I want you to think of Drawbacks as a set of scales.
Imagine that through great questioning, you find out what people need, and then scale that out with how important the thing that you can’t do is.
Let me explain.
Let’s say, you want a red car and I only sell blue cars, but through our conversation, I found out that you wouldn’t mind – Wi-Fi – together with air conditioning and a sunroof would be nice.
Now – now that I’ve discovered those things, if those things actually outweigh your need for your car to definitely be red one – then we’ll have a great conversation.
However, if you said well those all sound nice, but my car really has to be red.
You’re not my customer. That’s just the way that goes.
So, to overcome DRAWBACKS
The things that your product or service can’t supply or provide
You need to uncover genuine customer needs that you CAN deliver on – and then use those as individual weights to outweigh and minimize the thing that you can’t do.
Next UK Sales Training Workshops
(click on preferred city for full details)
This one-day workshop was designed to provide delegates with a comprehensive introduction to the Selling with EASE process and to show how a thorough understanding of the four major steps – Earn the Right, Ask the Appropriate Questions, Solve the Problem and Execute the Solution – can help them to succeed in all genuine sales situations.
This interactive workshop is perfect for any salespeople who need to hit the ground running or anyone requiring a comprehensive sales “refresher”
In short – If your job remit requires you to convert sales meetings into profitable business relationships – then this workshop is the one for you.
At the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
- Explain why customers make the buying decisions and how they choose suppliers
- Understand why your current pitch isn’t the solution to your prospects problem
- Explain why setting yourself two different outcome targets to each call can lead to success every time
- Demonstrate a high level of consultative questioning techniques
- Use real life examples and case studies to sell concepts and solutions
- Effectively overcome all genuine objections
- Understand – and execute – the process of closing every sale opportunity
Interested in finding out more?
(click on preferred city name for full details)